OntoRail knowledge engine - user documentation
The present Wiki documents the contents of the User's Guide of the OntoRail knowledge engine.
OntoRail main functionalities
The OntoRail knowledge engine is offering four main functionalities:
- Import: import of ontologies into the OntoRail internal RDF knowledge graph,
- Browse: visualization, navigation and search in ontologies,
- Relate: establishment of relations between concepts across ontologies using a controlled vocabulary,
- Export: provide external access to the knowledge stored in the OntoRail knowledge graph.
OntoRail main panel
The interface of the main page of the OntoRail web application is divided in three parts:
- a menu bar
- a panel displaying the available source ontologies
- a panel dedicated to creating and editing relations between concepts
The Menu Bar offers access to the following functionalities:
- User's Manual (this Wiki)
- Download of:
- source ontologies
- OntoRail relations and OntoRail vocabulary
- SPARQL endpoint
- User Login (some functionalities are limited to logged-in users)
Source ontologies panel
The Source ontologies panel provides an overview of all sources visible to the user as well as access to a global search across ontologies.
For each source, a details panel provides:
- a link to the official documentation of the source
- version info on the source
- a concise description of the source
- an overview of the contents of the source in terms of number of packages / classes, number of properties, ...
- an access to the Tree Browser widget to visualize the source in a hierarchical tree browser
- an access to the Graph View widget to visualize the source as a connected graph
For further details on the functionalities offered by the OntoRail web application for browsing one or more sources, see Browse.
The Relations panel offers functionalities for:
- the creation
- the edition
- the deletion
of the links created with the OntoRail tool.
For further details on the usage of the relations panel, see Relate.
--- MediaWiki help
- MediaWiki home page
- Configuration settings
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki annoucements
- Learn how to fight spam in your Wiki