The OntoRail knowledge engine supports imports of ontologies in RDF/Turtle format. Where the source model is available in XMI format, a Python pre-processor has been developped to extract an ontology out of the XMI.
The general process of user-supplied ontologies is as follows:
- Fill-in the Ontology parameters
- Extract RDF statements
- Upload XMI or TTL file
- Extract RDF statements, generate TopLevel & OntoRail Glue
- Upload Ontology description file
- Load ontology into the knowledge graph
- Load Source Statements into OntoRail temporary graph
- Move Statements from tmp_import graph into Ontology graph
- There is no step 5, you're done!
Note: The import of user-supplied ontologies is a first release of the functionality and certain functionalities may still require support from an OntoRail administrator.